Signs You Need To Rewire Your House
People rarely spend their days thinking about their home’s electrical system. You flip a light switch and expect it to work. However, homeowners will give some thought to the electrical system when it isn’t functioning properly. Don’t let it get to that point. Below are some signs that your house needs new electrical wiring.
- Blown fuses
- Tripped breakers
- Dim lights
- Flickering lights
- Discolored switch plates
- Outlets that are warm to the touch
- Burning smell
- Unstable outlets
- Damaged insulation
- Your home’s electrical system is older than 40 years.
- The wiring in your home is aluminum instead of copper wiring.
- There are two pronged outlets in your home instead of three pronged outlets.
- You have recently purchased new appliances and they are taking a toll on your electrical system.