Protect Yourself Against Carbon Monoxide Poisoning this Winter

At TFC Electric, our priority is your safety and peace of mind. During the winter, a safety concern in many homes across the country is carbon monoxide poisoning. Since Long Island is no stranger to power outages in the dead of winter, you might find yourself using your generator. Generators can leak small amounts of carbon monoxide–an odorless gas that is extremely harmful to your health.

The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are: 

  • dizziness
  • headaches
  • nausea
  • fatigue
  • vomiting
  • shortness of breath
  • confusion
  • sleepiness
  • light headedness 


Here are some ways to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning:

  • Have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home.
  • Make sure you change the batteries in carbon monoxide detectors every 6 months.
  • Never operate a generator inside the house; including the garage and basement. 

Do you need an expert electrician to install a generator on Long Island? Look no further than TFC Electric! Our electricians are customer service oriented and work to ensure that customers are satisfied. Call 631-589-2800 to schedule an appointment with us.

Web Source:

December 24, 2014