8 New Year’s Resolutions for Your Suffolk County Home
2017 is right around the corner, and with the new year comes New Year’s resolutions. Many people take this as a challenge to improve themselves, but what about improving their homes?
Here are eight home improvement resolutions you can set your sights on for 2017:
- Cut your energy bills. Going green doesn’t require solar panels or brand new Energy Star appliances. Saving money could be as easy as making the switch to LED light bulbs.
- Shore up safety concerns. Is something compromising the safety of your home? Whether it is wood rot, a malfunctioning electrical system, or the lack of a smoke detector, don’t wait any longer to fix it!
- Tidy up. Most of us could stand to eliminate a little bit of clutter around the home. Make the task more achievable by breaking up your house into individual rooms, and knocking out one per week.
- Patch up air leaks. If your home has a drafty spot, your money could be going right out the window — literally. All it takes to fix this problem is a little bit of weatherstripping, or a caulking gun.
- Enhance your curb appeal. Your home’s exterior and landscape is the first impression your guests will have. Don’t you want it to be a good one?
- Clean up your air. Did you know the air in your home could be ten times more polluted than the air outside? Adding purification systems and houseplants around the home can help to remedy this problem.
- Install surge protection. Computers, televisions, and other electronic devices are extremely sensitive to power surges.
- Invest in a standby generator. With all of the power outages that occur on Long Island, a standby generator will ensure that your home never misses a beat!
TFC Electric provides residential and commercial electrician services to Suffolk County, Long Island. From generator installations to wiring repairs, no job is too big or too small for our professionally trained technicians. Call us today for a free estimate at (631) 589-2800.